With a heat wave on its way here are some top tips for staying cool this Summer.
In the Summer we all love getting out and about to make the most of the good weather. For some of our clients this may be a struggle, so here are some helpful tips for staying cool this summer:
- Eat small meals and eat more often.
- Run you wrist under a cold tap for 5 seconds every couple of hours.
- Take a tepid bath or shower before bed time.
- Wear lightweight cotton clothes.
- Drink plenty of water to keep you hydrated.
- Nothing wrong with an afternoon nap as the body reduces its overall temperature when relaxed.
- Try placing roll damp flannels into a plastic bag and leave in freezer overnight. Can be used the following day.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed to reduce the heat within the home.
- Keep out of the midday sun.
- Avoid alcohol and fizzy drinks as this dehydrates the body.
- Don’t forget to check on your neighbours, friends or family who may be less able.
Let us know if you find theses tips helpful. Have a great Summer!